The Apparel Design and Product Development curriculum develops students into professionals who will succeed in the domestic and international marketplace.
Apparel design is the development of apparel, textile, and consumer products that meet the needs of specific consumer markets. Students develop a foundational understanding of these needs by studying consumer behavior, demographics, trends, and production process. Apparel Design courses build the students' creative and highly technical skills in apparel production methods, including pattern making, draping, and construction.
The Apparel Design program at Baylor University provides a diversified educational experience, encompassing academic excellence in a Christian environment that prepares students to succeed in the highly competitive apparel industry.
- Creative apparel design education and application
- The program consistently ranked nationally & internationally.
- Extensive use of technology, equipment, & software applications, including a 3d body scanner, digital textile printer, a wide range of industrial sewing machines, and extensive software
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Apparel design for specific target markets
- Network opportunities with professionals in the apparel industry
- Diversity of classroom experiences
- Hands-on learning through field trips and internships
- Critical problem-solving and application in the apparel design process
- Strong liberal arts education
- National design competitions
- Research opportunities in the new Research Wearables Lab
- Students learn from instructors with industry experience
- Design for the annual exhibition
- Learn about textile and apparel quality testing in our teaching textile lab
- Facilities with 24-hour access for student work
- Fashion Designer
- Technical Designer Product
- Development Manager
- Brand Manager
- Production Assistants/Apparel Mfg.
- International Sourcing Specialist
- Fabric Designer
- Costume designer Freelance Illustrator or Designer
- Corporate Illustrator
- Fashion Forecaster
- Licensing Agent
- Head Fabric Research and Development
- Trim Sourcing Coordinator
- Quality Control Analysts
- Personal Stylist
- Magazine Stylist