LesLee K. Funderburk, PhD, RD, CSSD, CSCS
Associate Professor of Nutrition Sciences Program Director for the Dietetic Internship
Department of Human Sciences and Design
LesLee Funderburk serves as an Associate Professor in Nutrition Sciences and serves as the Program Director for the Dietetic Internship. Dr. Funderburk graduated from Eastern Washington University with a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, where she also completed her dietetic internship. She served in the U.S. Army as a dietitian in a variety of management and clinical positions for over 26 years. She earned her PhD from the University of Washington in Nutrition Sciences while serving. Dr. Funderburk retired from the U.S. Army in 2016, where her final assignment was as the Program Director for the U.S. Army/Baylor University Graduate Program in Nutrition, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Dr. Funderburk has several research publications and presentations and is currently collaborating with faculty researchers in Exercise Physiology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, and Interior Design.
Current Research Interests:
- Use of nutritional supplements to improve diet quality
- Use of nutritional supplements to improve body composition
- Use of nutritional supplements to enhance physical training regimens
Current Courses Taught:
- NUTR 5370 Research Methods
- NUTR 5350 Dietetic Internship
- NUTR 4386/5386 Nutrition for Sport and Fitness